Saturday, December 3, 2011

2012 Journal

I saw this accordion fold 2012 journal on Scrapbooks & Cards Today Blog and instantly thought of making something similar for my friend Sara's birthday.  Here are two photos of this cute journal that gave me inspiration!  Not shown below are the cards that are inserted into each pocket with prompts such as "wanting", "feeling" and "thinking".  The idea is to write something about each of these prompts once a month for the entire year.  Sara loves to write and journal, so I knew she would just love this idea!



Now, Sara loves red and black, so I chose the products appropriately.  I decided to use glassine kraft envelopes to hold a little card containing the following prompts:
        enjoying, feeling, wanting, scripture, reading, needing, writing, wondering, singing, creating

Here is the cover:

Top view:

The envelopes are layered under the accent papers and the calendars are mounted to the back of the envelopes.  I mounted them backwards so that the flaps would be easy to open.  The calendars cover up the seam in the envelopes.



I had so much fun making this that I decided I will make something similar for myself.  Now, just to decide on a design!

Hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I enjoyed making it!

Mary

PRODUCTS USED:
Paper: Canvas Corp: Black & Kraft French Script, Black & Kraft Ribbon Stripe; Stampin' Up!: Red Riding Hood Cardstock; Bazzill: Black Textured Cardstock
Stickers: Cloud 9 Design: Number Rain Dots (black)
Envelopes: Jim Holtz Kraft Glassing Pockets
Calendars: Jenni Bowlin: Yellow/Red 2-1/2" x 4" Calendar Cards
Tape: Smash: Black with White Polka Dots
Buttons: Basic Grey "Femme Fatale Assortment"
Twill Tape: Simplicity 5/8" Black Twill Tape (from Jo-Ann Fabrics)
Tools: Corner Rounder

4 comments:

  1. mary, you took this and ran with it, i LOVE how it turned out! what a fun idea for a gift too! love the colors you used on it too. it just looks fabulous! thanks for sharing the link to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete