Saturday, December 24, 2011

Note Pads - Great Stocking Stuffer!

I love lists, organization and paper!  So, I decided to make some little note pads.  I actually gave these away as stocking stuffers, so I need to make some more for myself! 

I love this stamp set from Stampin' Up!. It's appropriately named "Notes & Details".   I mounted 4 of the stamps onto a clear block and was ready to stamp away!


For each note pad, I cut 5 sheets of cardstock into (20) 3-1/2" x 5" pieces and then used my Fiskars cutter with perforating blade 3/4" from the top of each piece. Next, I stamped the above image in Basic Black ink towards the bottom of each piece of cardstock. Then, I used my Crop-o-Dile to punch holes in the top. Finally, I stamped the largest of the stamps from the "Bliss" set in ink coordinating with the cardstock - Rose Red, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi. (You can see that some of the background stamps are darker than the others.  This is because I was stamping off onto scrap paper and then onto the note pad page - so it wouldn't be so dark - and I forgot a few times!  Oh, well!)


 
The next step was creating the wrap for the top of each pad. I cut Whisper White cardstock to 2" x 3-1/2" and scored each piece 3/4"from the top and bottom edges.  I again used the largest of the stamps from the "Bliss" set and covered the cardstock.  I punched corresponding holes with the Crop-o-Dile, and used coordinating ribbon to attach it all together.




Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Notes & Details, Bliss
Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Marina Mist
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Marina Mist, Basic Black
Ribbon: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Marina Mist
Crop-o-Dile

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment