Sunday, July 31, 2011

'Tis So Sweet - Art Journaling Attempt

Here is my first attempt at art journaling. I tried several new things on this page. The "underneath" background is a collage of security envelopes (you know, the kind you get with your junk mail that have different designs on the insides), and the cross is from a newspaper ad that I found few Easter ago when visiting friends in SC.  I used ModPodge to adhere and seal them to the page.  Then, I used acrylic paints to add some additional color. 



In the photo below you can see about 4 different envelope designs (all are black or blue).


I added some stamps and wrote the words for two of the verses to the old hymn 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus around the cross, and the chorus on the lines in the corner.



The butterfly, with the words Faith, Trust, Hope and Believe, is also stamp that I embossed in white.



I think for my first try, it turned out pretty good!  I'm going to try an actual art journal.  I'll let you know how it goes in a week or so.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment