Monday, July 18, 2011

Transformation

This page was inspired by a sermon and my ribbon organizer.  I wanted to visually capture the change that takes place in us after we accept Christ into our lives; as we move from the darkness of our sinful lives to the light that shines through us.  The black ribbon represents our sin and as the ribbon lightens, we are transformed more and more to the image of Christ because of what He did for us on the cross.

First, here are a couple of photos of my ribbon organizer!  Notice the gradation of colors, much like a rainbow?



And, now, the Transformation page!  I made lots of sketches of the hills before deciding on a design.  Each hill is a separate piece and are layered one on top of the other.  The cross is two layers of yellow mulberry paper; the bottom was inked on the edges with gold ink.


Similar to my last post, I submitted this for a challenge but didn't win.  I'm still very proud of it, though!

Til next time....
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment